Home | News    Tuesday 28 July 2020

FFC to discuss distribution of Sudan’s transitional parliament in August

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

Building of the Sudanese parliament in Omdurman July 28, 2020 (KHARTOUM) - A spokesperson for the Central Council of the Forces for Freedom and Change(FFC), the highest authority in the coalition, said that they will discuss the distribution of seats of the Transitional Legislative Council next August.

Following a series of meetings held in Khartoum recently, the FFC groups agreed with the armed groups negotiating peace in Juba, to give them 75 seats in the Transitional Legislative Council (TLC).

Amina Mahmoud told Sudan Tribune that the Central Council is compelled to review the TLC quotas already allocated to the FFC components after the agreement with the Sudanese Revolutionary Forces and the Sudan Liberation Movement - Minni Minnawi.

Mahmoud added that the discussion on this matter will start after the deliberative conference of FFC groups that will be held after the end of the Eid-Aladha holiday.

However, she stated that no definitive date has been set for the formation of the transitional parliament.

The Constitutional Document signed in August 2019 granted 67% of the total number of seats in the Legislative Council to the FFC including the SRF, while the remaining 33% will be allocated to the political groups that did not sign the FFC charter but support the revolution. Also, the SPLM-N al-Hilu will be included in this portion if they sign a peace agreement with the government.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.


The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.



Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


The 21 October March: Who is the Enemy? 2020-10-21 05:52:11 By Yasir Arman One of the main features of the December revolution is its vitality and the broad participation of women and youth, resistance committees, martyrs' families, forces from the (...)

Fixing South Sudan’s economy 2020-10-17 10:54:33 By Manyuon Mayen Manyuon A lot of questions beseech people's minds when it comes to current South Sudan's deteriorating economy. Experts might have been inquisitive on the country's capability (...)

Rome Declaration of Principles: What value is it adding to R-ARCSS? 2020-10-15 18:55:47 By Lam Akol On the 12th of October 2020, the government in Juba and one faction of SSOMA led by Gen Thomas Cirillo issued a Declaration of Principles (DoP) so as to guide their future (...)


MORE






Latest Press Releases


Sudan: Performing arts is not a crime, assaulting women and artists is! 2020-09-20 08:54:28 The Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) Sudan is still struggling with militant Islamist ideology KHARTOUM: Central Khartoum Primary Court issued a verdict against five (...)

Civil Society Statement in Response to The Law of Various Amendments 2020-08-14 07:11:00 A Collaborative Civil Society Statement in Response to The Law of Various Amendments (Abolishing and Amending Provisions Restricting Freedom) – Exposing ‘a wolf in sheep’s clothing’ Sudanese women (...)

Remarks by SRF leaders at the Friend of Sudan meeting on peace 2020-08-13 07:58:58 Chairman of the Friends of Sudan Conference, Your Excellency, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Prime Minister of Sudan and the participating team from the (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2020 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.