Sudanese army chief rules out truce, sets conditions for talks
November 14, 2025 (AL-SURAIHA) – The Commander-in-Chief of the Sudanese Army and head of the Sovereignty Council, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, has called on everyone who can carry a weapon to join the fight against the Rapid Support Forces (RSF).
Speaking to a crowd in the village of Al-Suraiha in Gezira state on Friday, al-Burhan said the RSF and their collaborators “have no place in Sudan.”
The village of Al-Suraiha previously witnessed the killing of dozens of civilians at the hands of the RSF during its control of Gezira state, according to press reports.
He stressed that there would be “no truce or any talk with the RSF,” setting a condition that the RSF must gather in one place and lay down their arms before any negotiation.
“We say to the mediators that dialogue will only come after the rebels lay down their weapons,” al-Burhan continued. “We will continue fighting until we exact revenge on the RSF and eliminate them.”
A “Quad” initiative, which includes the United States, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the UAE, had previously proposed a three-month humanitarian truce to be followed by a ceasefire agreement between the Sudanese army and the RSF.
Al-Burhan added that all Sudanese have been “burned by the fires of this war,” which he said had left devastating effects. He stated that the rebellion has “looted, abused, and killed Sudanese.”
He stated that they are “determined to end the rebellion,” noting that citizens refuse to be in RSF-controlled areas and are fleeing to areas under army control.
