Two women raped by RSF in Khartoum’s Al-Jiraif, thousands displaced: volunteers
March 22, 2025 (KHARTOUM) – Two women from Khartoum’s Al-Jiraif West area were raped by members of the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) last week, volunteers said on Saturday, adding that thousands of families have been displaced in the same district.
The RSF has controlled Al-Barari, Burri, Imtidad Nasser, Al-Taif, and Al-Jiraif West since April 15, 2023. Residents in these neighbourhoods have been subject to serious violations that include killing, arrest and kidnapping.
A member of the Khartoum Emergency Room, speaking on condition of anonymity for security reasons, told Sudan Tribune that two cases of rape committed by RSF forces had been documented in Al-Jiraif West last week.
The source confirmed that thousands of families had been forcibly displaced from Al-Jiraif West’s first, second, and third neighbourhoods to the fourth, fifth, and sixth neighbourhoods, as well as Al-Taif, by RSF forces during the same period.
Last Saturday, the Khartoum Emergency Room issued an urgent appeal to local and international humanitarian organizations, calling for immediate intervention to protect civilians in the Khartoum locality and provide urgent assistance to those affected.
The Emergency Room demanded that civilians be shielded from the armed conflict and called for an end to attacks and violations against them.
