RSF attacks kill at least 18 in Sudan’s Al-Jazira state: Activists
March 23, 2025 (AL-KAMILIN) – At least 18 people have been killed in a series of attacks by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) on villages in Sudan’s Al-Jazira state, local activists said on Sunday.
The attacks took place northwest of Wad Madani, Al-Jazira’s state capital, an area the army reclaimed from the RSF in January. Since then, remaining RSF forces have withdrawn to positions along the border with Khartoum state, to the north and west.
A statement released by the Al-Jazira Conference said that RSF fighters, led by commander Ahmed Adam, known as َ “Qujah,” had intensified attacks on villages near Jebel Aulia in the Al-Kamilin locality. The statement said 12 people were killed in Habiba village on Friday, four in Al-Hadirab on Saturday, and two in Al-Fadagouba on Sunday.
Dozens of people were also injured, and many remain missing, the statement added.
Residents of Wad Karda, Dagir, Al-Fadagouba North, and Abu al-Kilayk villages have been forced to flee, the Al-Jazira Conference said, describing the situation as “catastrophic.”
The Sudanese army, stationed in Jayyad, north of Al-Jazira, and in Abu Qouta to the northwest, is seeking to advance towards southern Khartoum, areas still under RSF control.
Forces from a group called the “Sudan Shield” said last week they had briefly taken control of Habiba village, but later withdrew, after which RSF fighters returned.
A video circulated online, purportedly showing Commander Qujah in the village, mocking Abu Agla Keikel, leader of the Sudan Shield. Sudan Tribune could not independently verify the video.
