Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Sudan Tribune

Plural news and views on Sudan

Sudan accuses RSF of looting UN aid convoy in North Darfur

A WFP truck was destroyed in a drone attack in Al Koma, North Darfur, on June 3, 2025.

A WFP truck was destroyed in a drone attack in Al Koma, North Darfur, on June 3, 2025.

June 6, 2025 (PORT SUDAN) – Sudan’s foreign ministry on Friday accused the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) of looting a United Nations aid convoy in North Darfur days after it was shelled.

Fighting has escalated around El Fasher, the capital of North Darfur, threatening the last major city in the vast, western region not under the control of the RSF.

On Tuesday, the Sudanese army and the RSF blamed each other for an attack on a World Food Programme (WFP) convoy in the town of Al-Kuma, which was on its way to El Fasher. The WFP said at least five aid workers were killed in the incident and called for an investigation.

“The terrorist militia yesterday proceeded to loot the remainder of the UN humanitarian aid in the Al-Kuma area,” the foreign ministry said in a statement, referring to the RSF.

The ministry said the convoy had been shelled with drones on June 2, burning trucks and killing aid workers and civilians.

The statement also accused the RSF of shelling a market in El-Obeid, the capital of North Kordofan state, on the eve of the Eid al-Adha holiday, causing casualties. It stated that the attack demonstrated “contempt for the sanctity of holidays and religious occasions.”

Sudan’s foreign ministry called on the international community to condemn the RSF, which it described as a “criminal militia,” and its regional backers.

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemns this barbaric behaviour by the terrorist militia, which proves its persistence in violating… international humanitarian law,” the statement said.

It added that the RSF’s actions showed its disregard for the suffering of citizens in areas including El Fasher, which the UN Security Council has called on the RSF to stop besieging.