RSF accused of raping three girls and child in West Darfur
November 10, 2025 (EL GENEINA) – Three girls and a child were raped by Rapid Support Forces (RSF) fighters on a farm in West Darfur, a rights group reported on Monday.
Rehab Mubarak, a member of the Emergency Lawyers, told Sudan Tribune the attack occurred at gunpoint on a farm in the Abu Surooj area, north of El Geneina.
She said the victims were taken to El Geneina, and the minor child remains in “very critical condition.”
The RSF has controlled El Geneina since November 2023, imposing a media blackout. Rights groups have repeatedly accused its fighters of committing violations against women, particularly on farms in remote areas.
Mubarak condemned the assault, stating the RSF has committed “unforgivable war crimes and crimes against humanity” in the conflict.
The RSF and its allies have previously been accused of committing genocide against the Masalit ethnic group in and around El Geneina, killing thousands, including the state’s governor.
In a separate statement, Sudan Doctors Network spokesperson Roaa Khalid al-Amin said women and girls in El Fasher, North Darfur, had also been subjected to rape and assault by RSF elements amid a “complete absence” of legal protection.
Al-Amin said thousands of civilians are forcibly detained in El Fasher in “tragic and harsh conditions” and called the situation a “fully-fledged humanitarian crime,” blaming the international community for failing to intervene.
Separately, Adam Rejal, a spokesman for displaced persons camps, said on November 7 that over 150 women were raped or sexually harassed while fleeing El Fasher for the Tawila area.
The RSF captured El Fasher on October 26 after the army and allied forces, who had defended the city for 18 months despite a crippling siege, withdrew.
