Sudan rejects U.S. advisor’s accusations of army bombed Darfur hospital
March 26, 2026 (KHARTOUM) – Sudan’s foreign ministry on Thursday rejected statements by U.S. presidential advisor Massad Boulos accusing the army of bombing a hospital in East Darfur.
Massad Boulos, the U.S. advisor for Arab and African affairs, said in a post on X on Wednesday that the Sudanese army had bombed Ed Daein hospital, describing the incident as “horrific.”
In a statement issued today, the Sudanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation expressed its “strong condemnation and total denunciation” of the advisor’s allegations regarding the Ed Daein Teaching Hospital.
The ministry said the American official’s accusation was made without verification or investigation, leading to the “misleading of local and international public opinion” and harming efforts to achieve peace.
The statement further claimed that the advisor’s remarks lacked accuracy and objectivity, asserting they serve the “agenda of the regional sponsors” of the Rapid Support Forces (RSF).
The ministry added that such statements allow the RSF to evade responsibility for “heinous crimes” and the systematic destruction of health facilities, which have reportedly put more than 60% of hospitals out of service.
The foreign ministry also accused the RSF of killing medical staff and patients, citing the previous attack on the Saudi Hospital in El Fasher as an example witnessed by the world.
The statement warned that Boulos’s “baseless remarks” undermine his neutrality and damage the chances of ending the war, showing “clear bias” against the Sudanese Armed Forces.
The ministry reiterated the government’s commitment to protecting civilians and medical facilities, calling on the international community to support stability efforts in Sudan.
Ed Daein hospital was hit by an airstrike last Friday, killing 64 people and wounding 89 others, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). The facility is now out of service due to damage in its maternity and emergency wards.
The Sudanese army previously denied the accusations in a statement, saying it adheres to international norms that prohibit the targeting of civilian objects.
The WHO has documented 213 attacks on healthcare facilities since the conflict began in April 2023, resulting in 2,036 deaths and 720 injuries.
The Preliminary Committee of the Sudan Doctors’ Union reported that over 2,000 hospitals and health centres have been destroyed during the war, with 600 medical staff killed or injured.
