Sudan evacuates citizens from Iran amid Israeli-Iranian conflict
June 19, 2025 (PORT SUDAN) – Sudan has evacuated its nationals from Iran to Turkey, the foreign ministry said on Thursday, as intense Israeli air strikes on the country continued for a seventh day.
Prime Minister Kamil Idris ordered the evacuation earlier this week due to the “continuous Israeli attacks,” the ministry said in a statement.
Members of the Sudanese community and their families have now arrived in Turkey, the statement confirmed. The evacuation was coordinated by Sudan’s diplomatic missions in Tehran, Ankara, and Istanbul.
The evacuation comes amid a sharp escalation between Israel and Iran. Israel has conducted ongoing air raids on Iranian cities, while Tehran has fired missiles at targets in Tel Aviv, Beersheba, and Haifa, according to reports from the region.
Fears are growing that the cross-border fire could escalate into a wider proxy war.
The situation has drawn international attention, with U.S. President Donald Trump not ruling out military intervention to stop Iran’s nuclear program. Tehran denies it is seeking to build nuclear weapons.
