ICC collecting evidence of alleged RSF atrocities in El-Fasher
November 3, 2025 (THE HAGUE) – The International Criminal Court’s (ICC) prosecutor said on Monday his office is taking “immediate steps” to preserve and collect evidence of alleged mass killings, rapes, and other crimes in El-Fasher, Sudan.
The move follows reports of atrocities allegedly committed during attacks by the Rapid Support Forces (RSF). The Office of the Prosecutor (OTP) said in a statement it was “profoundly alarmed” by the reports.
The OTP noted that these alleged atrocities are part of a broader pattern of violence in Darfur since April 2023 and “may constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity” if substantiated.
The office said this effort is part of its ongoing investigation into crimes allegedly committed in Darfur since hostilities broke out last year.
The statement highlighted the recent conviction of Janjaweed leader Ali Muhammad Ali Abd-Al-Rahman (Ali Kushayb) for similar crimes in 2004, calling it “a warning for all parties to the conflict in Darfur that there will be accountability for such atrocious crimes.”
The ICC has jurisdiction over the ongoing conflict based on UN Security Council Resolution 1593, passed in 2005, which referred the situation in Darfur to the court.
The prosecutor’s office called on all individuals and organizations to submit any information or evidence related to recent or prior events in El-Fasher through its secure online platform.
