Clashes continue for a second day in three locations in North Kordofan
November 18, 2025 (EL OBEID) – Clashes between the Sudanese army and its allies against the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) continued on Tuesday in three locations in North Kordofan state for the second consecutive day.
The army began a broad military operation in North Kordofan at the start of the week, during which it regained control of the Kazgail and Um Dam Hag localities. On Monday, it advanced into Bara, Um Sayyala before withdrawing under the pressure of fierce battles.
Military sources told “Sudan Tribune” that “the Sudanese army, the joint force attacked RSF positions in the western part of El Obeid, the capital of North Kordofan state, early this morning.”
Sources indicated that the army and its allies inflicted heavy losses on the RSF, forcing them to retreat as far as Al-Khawi town in West Kordofan state.
Platforms loyal to the joint force published video clips showing the destruction of several military vehicles, the killing of a large number of RSF elements, and other groups being captured.
Army warplanes carried out airstrikes targeting RSF-controlled areas, including Al-Mazroub and Bara town.
The RSF, in a statement, said it engaged in battles in the areas of Jabal Abu Sunun, Jabal Issa, Al-Ayyara, west of El Obeid. The statement claimed the RSF inflicted devastating losses on the army, its allies, amounting to hundreds of casualties, in addition to seizing large quantities of gear, equipment, and dozens of combat vehicles, which are currently being tallied.
On Tuesday, the armed forces announced that they had achieved a significant advance across all Kordofan axes, following battles fought by their various units and allied forces.
A statement from the army spokesman’s office reported that the armed forces, their allies, were able to execute the tasks with high efficiency, inflicted massive losses in lives and equipment on the militia.
“Several vital locations were secured, and redeployment was carried out according to the established plan.” The statement further clarified that operations are proceeding based on accurate assessments and that the morale of the fighters is at its highest levels.
Kikel’s injury
In a related development, the Sudan Shield Forces, which are allied with the army, announced that their commander, Abu Agla Kikel, sustained a “minor” injury while leading battles in the Um Sayyala area of North Kordofan.
They confirmed that Kikel received first aid in the field before continuing to manage the operation until its end. A statement from the group noted that the clashes resulted in martyrs, wounded, and missing personnel from their forces.
Um Sayyala, which belongs to North Kordofan state, is considered a strategic location because it connects North Kordofan with the White Nile, Khartoum. The army had previously attempted to control it unsuccessfully, due to the fierce resistance put up by the RSF in its defence.
The Sudan Shield Forces revealed that the military operation launched yesterday in the Um Sayyala area achieved its objectives, and was part of the first phase on the North Kordofan axis. It resulted in inflicting heavy losses on the “militias” in personnel and equipment, despite their continuous attempts to attack via three ground waves supported by drones and heavy artillery.
