Sudan urges UN Security Council to condemn RSF drone attacks on cities
March 10, 2026 (PORT SUDAN) – Sudan’s foreign ministry called on the United Nations Security Council and regional bodies on Tuesday to condemn systematic drone attacks by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) on civilian targets in El Obeid, Kosti, and Ed Damazin.
The ministry said in a statement that urgent international action was required to halt the assaults and hold both the perpetrators and their backers accountable. It warned that international silence encourages further targeting of civilians and undermines global legal frameworks.
Sudan described the strikes on vital infrastructure and service facilities as “full-fledged war crimes” and a flagrant violation of international conventions. The government said the escalation represents a deliberate criminal pattern aimed at terrorizing the population and destabilizing the state.
The demands come amid a diplomatic push by the Sudanese government, which has previously called for the RSF to be designated as a “terrorist organization.” Khartoum has repeatedly cited reports documenting widespread abuses against civilians across various states since the conflict broke out in April 2023.
The government reaffirmed its commitment to protecting citizens and national sovereignty, stating that adherence to international humanitarian law remains a non-negotiable moral and legal obligation in the face of ongoing attacks.
